Each ‘connector’ item includes the necessary straps – usually ten straps. The below diagram shows how to attach the straps and connect items.
Here are a few tips that may help:
- Straps are best attached to the ‘Connector’ items (Swimstep, Speedway, Splashmat, etc). This is why these connectors ship with Vario straps.
- Attach straps where a connection will be needed – do this on land, before launching the connector item.
- Note: you will typically need connections only on 2 sides. Refer to your park diagram to confirm where connections are needed.
- Don’t skip straps. Always use all the straps required for a full connection. The standard is 5 straps in a row.
- When attaching the strap, make sure the buckle is facing down, rather than facing up. Push the buckle and strap trough the webbing loop and cinch.
- Anchor large ‘feature’ items first, then float connector (with straps) into position.
- It is easier to begin a 5-strap connection at the center ring, then work outward connecting loosely
- The buckle has an extra ‘button’ to prevent tampering and meet ISO guidelines.
- First press the button, then the lever. Once the lever is pressed, it is no longer necessary to hold the button.
- Once all 5 straps are connecting a Swimstep to a feature item, dive beneath and pull each strap tight. This may take a few dives at first, until you get the system.
- The finished connection should have 5 straps pulled tight with no space or gap between items (0mm, as shown in the final panel).
- Although it is not necessary, you can wrap the ‘tail’ of the strap around itself to prevent it from hanging down.
This process seems complicated at first but goes quickly as it becomes familiar. In the end, it provides a solid, tamper-resistant connection with no Velcro to wear out or injure park users.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to the Aquaglide team.